Filmmaking Foundations In this interactive and hands-on “foundations” workshop, we’ll demystify the use of filmmaking in the classroom to engage learners and achieve curriculum
In this interactive and hands-on “foundations” workshop, we’ll demystify the use of filmmaking in the classroom to engage learners and achieve curriculum outcomes.
Foundations: Factual Filmmaking
- Understand the two distinct categories of filmmaking: Narrative vs Factual
- The conventional filmmaking techniques that differ between narrative and factual filmmaking.
- How factual documentary style filmmaking can be used for any Key Learning Areas
- How framing, camera angles and lighting communicate visually to an audience
- Exercise: creating your report and applying visual literacy principles – If you SAY it. SHOW it.
- How do edit using Adobe Rush – a powerful editing app FREE for any department school
- Establishing the cross curricula outcomes that can be achieved using this exercise with students
By registering for this session you acknowledge and agree to our Terms & Conditions.
Got a question? Check out our Frequently Asked Questions.
What you'll need — show details
Your Filmmaking journey starts here
Here’s what you need:
- iPad/iPhone or Android device
- Adobe Rush app on the device
- Tripod (preferable)> Some sort of stand for the device on which to film
- Separate device, such as a computer with Zoom installed on it
- Apple Clips: Free App
See you soon!
Purchase your ticket(s)
A Visual Literacy Masterclass
Virtual Event Details
Please purchase ticket to receive access information to virtual event!
(Thursday) 9:00 am - 10:30 am Local Time Australian Eastern Standard Time (Sydney)