Special FX Filmmaking Hollywood Films amaze us with their special FX! StarTime Live’s SPFX Filmmaking workshop will give you the ability to make your own special FX
Special FX Filmmaking
Hollywood Films amaze us with their special FX! StarTime Live’s SPFX Filmmaking workshop will give you the ability to make your own special FX action sequence. Our professional filmmakers will show you how to use Hollywood green screen techniques and motion graphics to create fireballs, laser shots, explosions, and more. Create a character, choose a green screen background – you could even create a scene in Minecraft! – and it’s time to film on your device using Super Power FX! We’ll then showcase some of your films to see how you’ve used your special effect.
Register your child today!
*Siblings discounts are offered for families with more than one child.
By registering for this session you acknowledge and agree to our Terms & Conditions
Got a question? Check out our Frequently Asked Questions
Purchase your ticket(s)
Sibling discount tickets can only be purchased in conjunction with a standard child ticket. To add a sibling, first, add a 'Standard Ticket' to your cart, then use the drop-down to change to 'Sibling Ticket' and add as many discounted as you need.
What you'll need — show details
Make sure you watch the StarTime home safety video and be safe – click here
Become a green screen guru!
Here’s what you need:
- Zoom App downloaded onto either a laptop or mobile device (The free version of the app is all you need: Basic Personal Meeting)
- Download Kahoot App (free) – It’s an engaging quiz based game to reinforce the learning and loads of fun!
- iPad or Android Device
- Download Super Power FX app (Free with only basic effects) iOS & Android available.
- iMovie or android equivalent: In-app purchases for more effects, should come free with iPads ($1.50 each)
- Household items to use as Props/costume’s for characters and story sequence
- If you want to green screen as well (not essential)
See you soon! Kaboom!
(Wednesday) 3:30 pm - 4:30 pm Local Time Australian Eastern Standard Time (Sydney)(GMT+10:00) View in my time