Stop Motion Animation
Stop Motion Animation
Inspired by films like Wallace & Gromit and the Lego films, kids will learn how to create a simple stop motion animation film using plasticine or Household items. You will be set a creative challenge to make a short film involving your chosen plasticine characters – for those who did not do the previous session: you can make one up on the spot or use almost any household item. You will learn the foundations of creating good animation including, frame rates, moving your characters, adding character voices and sound effects. You will then have the opportunity to enter your film into the StarQuest and win prizes. (see StarTime talent quest on the last day of the Spring holiday season)
By registering for this session you acknowledge and agree to our Terms & Conditions.
Got a question? Check out our Frequently Asked Questions.
What you'll need — show details
Make sure you watch the StarTime home safety video and be safe – click here
Your Stop Motion Animation journey starts here
This workshop is designed to be used with iOS devices, but the Stop Motion Studio app will also work on an Android device, but unfortunately we’re unable to provide support for those participants who choose to use an Android device.
Here’s what you need:
- Access to a mobile device, such as an iPad, iPhone or android device
- Download and install the Stop Motion Studio App https://apps.apple.com/au/app/stop-motion-studio/id441651297 Purchase AUDIO (from the Apple Store or Google Play Store) onto your mobile device. NB: you can still participate without Green Screen Capabilities
- Green card for your mini studio, which is to be setup against a wall or stack of books
- Blue tac to secure your green card in place
- Plasticine (Ideally 3 x different colours) or something to animate. Lego, toys or any household item.
- Bench space to film on.
- Find some sort of mount for your mobile device to sit on to keep stable. – Book stack etc.
- Green paper for green screen optional
See you soon!
Purchase your ticket(s)
Virtual Event Details
Event access information coming soon, Please check back again closer to event start time!
(Monday) 3:00 pm - 4:00 pm Local Time Australian Eastern Standard Time (Sydney)