Stop Motion Animation Inspired by films like Wallace & Gromit and the Lego films, kids will learn how to create a simple stop motion animation film
Stop Motion Animation
Inspired by films like Wallace & Gromit and the Lego films, kids will learn how to create a simple stop motion animation film using household objects. They will be set a task to do in their own time using plasticine and green card, which they can share online in the follow up session one week later, when they will learn more to further their skills in stop motion animation.
By registering for this session you acknowledge and agree to our Terms & Conditions.
Got a question? Check out our Frequently Asked Questions.
What you'll need — show details
Make sure you watch the StarTime home safety video and be safe – click here
This workshop is designed to be used with iOS devices. The Stop Motion Studio app will also work on an Android device, but unfortunately, we’re unable to provide support for those participants who choose to use an Android device.
More Cheese Gromit?…
Here’s what you need:
- Zoom App downloaded onto either a laptop or mobile device (The free version of the app is all you need: Basic Personal Meeting)
- Access to an additional mobile device, such as an iPad, iPhone or Android device. This will be the device used for the activities
- Download and install the Stop Motion Studio Apphttps://apps.apple.com/au/app/stop-motion-studio/id441651297 & PURCHASE GREEN SCREEN Capability and AUDIO (from the Apple Store or Google Play Store) onto your mobile device. NB: you can still participate without Green Screen Capabilities
- Green card for your mini-studio, which is to be set up against a wall or stack of books
- Blue tac to secure your green card in place
- Plasticine (Ideally 3 x different colours)
- Find some sort of mount for your mobile device to sit on to keep stable (books can do the job)
See you soon!
Purchase your ticket(s)
Sibling discount tickets can only be purchased in conjunction with a standard child ticket. To add a sibling, first, add a 'Standard Ticket' to your cart, then use the drop-down to change to 'Sibling Ticket' and add as many discounted as you need.
Virtual Event Details
Event access information coming soon, Please check back again closer to event start time!
(Monday) 11:00 am - 12:00 pm Local Time Australian Eastern Standard Time (Sydney)