How much do you charge?
Our pricing is as follows.
- 45 minute session – $13/child
- 1 hour session – $15/child
How long is a StarTime LiVE session?
We run four creative learning sessions per day. All sessions run between 45 mins to 1 hour.
The first session starts at 9:30am, the final session finishes at 4pm. You can either join us for one session, or for a full day!
How does the registration process work?
Startime LiVE’s creative sessions are interactive shows that take place in Zoom. Our registration process is designed to be quick, secure and easy for parents.
Typical registration for StarTime Live is as follows:
- Visit the event page and discover the sessions that your child/children will love – https://startimelive.com.au/event-directory/
- Choose the session(s) you want your child/children to attend
- Add ticket(s) to your cart
- Ensure you’re registering using the email your children will be using to access on Zoom
- Pay for your tickets using our secure payment gateway
- Confirmation email, tickets and Zoom details are sent
- Download the Zoom app onto either a laptop or mobile device – (The free version of the app is all you need: Basic Personal Meeting)
NOTE: If you are an employee for an organisation that has booked a StarTime Live company package, please refer to the ‘Organisations’ FAQ tab at the top of this page for this section.
Important steps to take when accessing StarTime LiVE:
- Download the Zoom App onto a computer / laptop. (Please update to the latest version of Zoom if necessary) You can download the Zoom app onto an iPad if you don’t have a computer available.
- Please check the individual session requirements as some sessions require the attendee to use a separate mobile device to participate in the activity.
- When registering for the StarTime LiVE session please ensure you are using the SAME email address that you will use to log into the Zoom app. Your child will then be easily identifiable as an approved attendee and will ensure you enter the session without any problems.
- Set up the space in which your child will be using during the session, ensuring it is:
- Physically safe — for example, no dangerously stacked furniture nearby.
- Clear of anything private that you don’t wish to be seen in the background.
- Has enough light. However, try to make sure that the device running Zoom does not have sunlight streaming directly onto the screen, or has any reflections from light streaming through nearby windows. This makes it very difficult for your child to be seen by the group and difficult for your child to share or demonstrate their work with the group effectively.
- Attendee’s need to dress appropriately for an active session. Some sessions are more active than others, so it’s important that children can move freely – i.e. no dresses/skirts.
- Your child is briefed about expectations of behaviour within the session – i.e. StarTime always promotes positive, respectful and supportive behaviour towards the presenters and any other children attending the session.
What are the cut off times for registrations?
We recommend families register well in advance as you cannot register after the event has commenced.
How do questions work during the session?
Throughout the session there will be opportunities for participants to ask questions, either by raising their hand or by typing in their question via Chat box. The question can either be addressed to the entire group or privately for one of our StarTime Team to answer.
StarTime will provide easy access to FAQ’s before the session commences so participants are well prepared.
What is the optimum age for children who attend a StarTime LiVE session?
StarTime LiVE programs are specifically designed for 8-10 year olds. However, younger and older siblings will still get a lot out of the session.
How can parents/children access past shows/show recordings?
We post the recording of each session on our Vimeo channel (for private viewing only) usually a day or two after it concludes. If a session is missed, which was registered and paid for, a link to the recording can be provided with a password as soon as it has been uploaded.
However, access to this recording will be limited to the holiday period only. We recommend attending the live session to avoid missing out on the fun and interactive elements of the program.
What is the background of the StarTime LiVE Team?
Our team of Show Hosts and Creative Mentors are all generous, spirited and highly professional. They have a passion for creativity and share their skills in a fun and dynamic way.
The Startime LiVE team have a Working With Children Check and where necessary a Police Check.
What is the cancellation policy?
StarTime has a no refund policy for registered bookings, however parents may choose to transfer bookings to another day or time.
Can the same Zoom account (same email address) be logged into two different devices for the same session?
Zoom does not allow you to use one Zoom account across multiple devices at the same time. Typically, we advise households who have between 2 – 4 children attending the session to set up the Zoom computer/iPad to be a little further away so the StarTime Live presenters can see all the kids on the one screen.
They can rename their Zoom window to show all their names and ages — eg Max (10) Sam (8) Olivia (6). You will need to purchase a Sibling Discount ticket to have multiple children using the same Zoom screen.
If you would like your children to each have their own StarTime LiVE Zoom window, you will need to purchase two tickets each with a unique corresponding email and Zoom account.
When registering for the session should I use the same email address to create a Zoom account?
Can I use the Zoom website or do I need the Zoom App?
We highly recommend downloading the Zoom app. You will only need the Basic Personal Meeting version which is free. This is because the functionality and stability of the app is greater.
However, if that’s not an option then the web version will be fine to use.
NOTE: If you are registering for a session via a company package then we recommend a Zoom account that is connected to your company email. This ensures your child will be assigned to the correct company breakout room for that session. However, if your organisation has a policy that prevents this, please liaise with the StarTime team as we have several solutions.
What are StarTime LiVE’s Security Procedures?
StarTime LiVE’s security procedures are in line with our standing as a child-safe organisation. The online delivery platform is accessed by a registration process, which includes password verification.
StarTime monitors each session so that only registered email addresses are allowed into the session. We also monitor behaviour from participants throughout the session. All our presenters have been screened and have passed a current Working With Children Check. They have signed our code of conduct and trained for safe and secure online delivery.
Payments are processed using the secure Stripe payment gateway.